Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default mind mapping

Where do I find a mind mapping tool within Microsoft Office? I've been told
there is a free download in Excel but I can't find it.

I'm using MS Office 2007 in Windowns Vista

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Office does not have a mind mapping tool but Excel will interface with your
mind mapping application.

Do a 'net search for mind mapping excel to find many hits.

Did not run through to see if any are free.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:12:16 -0700, Mother Nellie <Mother
wrote:

Where do I find a mind mapping tool within Microsoft Office? I've been told
there is a free download in Excel but I can't find it.

I'm using MS Office 2007 in Windowns Vista

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Office does not have a mind mapping tool but Excel will interface with your
mind mapping application.

Do a 'net search for mind mapping excel to find many hits.

Did not run through to see if any are free.
Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

No idea if these connect with excel (other than as data sources) but I have
played with a few packages claiming to be mind map related. I kept freemind
(freemind.sourceforge.net) and keynote (http://keynote.prv.pl), both of
which are free. Freemind is more the classic mind map s/w, giving pretty
pictures and connections and keynote calls itself a 'tabbed notebook for
windows' and to me, is the more useful as a connection to XL files.

HTH

wrote:

Where do I find a mind mapping tool within Microsoft Office? I've been told
there is a free download in Excel but I can't find it.

I'm using MS Office 2007 in Windowns Vista

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

Where do I find amind mappingtool within Microsoft Office? I've been told
there is a free download in Excel but I can't find it.

I'm using MS Office 2007 in Windowns Vista

Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -

Visio has a mindmapping template, if you want to stay with MS s/w,
though I
haven't seen anything about integration with Excel.

FreeMInd has various ways of talking to Excel, see:
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki...ort_to_ Excel
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki...86.90_FreeMind

That page also says "Import and export with Microsoft Excel works by
drag &
drop or copy & paste of complete nodes. You can copy a selection of
cells in
Excel and drop it in FreeMind. Doing this with several columns,
creates
corresponding child nodes."

Roy
http://www.topicscape.com