Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Argey Argey is offline

Default mind mapping

On Oct 23, 7:23*am,
(Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
In article , Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Office does not have amind mappingtool but Excel will interface with your
mind mappingapplication.

Do a 'net search for * *mind mappingexcel * *to find many hits.

Did not run through to see if any are free.
Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

No idea if these connect with excel (other than as data sources) but I have
played with a few packages claiming to bemind maprelated. I kept freemind
(freemind.sourceforge.net) and keynote (http://keynote.prv.pl), both of
which are free. Freemind is more the classicmind maps/w, giving pretty
pictures and connections and keynote calls itself a 'tabbed notebook for
windows' and to me, is the more useful as a connection to XL files.

HTH

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:12:16 -0700, Mother Nellie <Mother
wrote:

Where do I find amind mappingtool within Microsoft Office? I've been told
there is a free download in Excel but I can't find it.

I'm using MS Office 2007 in Windowns Vista

Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -

Visio has a mindmapping template, if you want to stay with MS s/w,
though I
haven't seen anything about integration with Excel.

FreeMInd has various ways of talking to Excel, see:
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki...ort_to_ Excel
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki...86.90_FreeMind

That page also says "Import and export with Microsoft Excel works by
drag &
drop or copy & paste of complete nodes. You can copy a selection of
cells in
Excel and drop it in FreeMind. Doing this with several columns,
creates
corresponding child nodes."

Roy
http://www.topicscape.com