Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SantaUK

Default Mind Gone Blank!!

My wife has asked me to create a sheet that will give her the following
info.

She works in a store with a number of checkouts. The sheet will have all
her staff start times and finish times. This will be inputted every day.
Excel will then create another sheet that will show the time of the day at
30 min intervals how many checkout staff is on at that time. Nothing too
fancy, I have been sitting here for two hours trying to figure this one out.
I have a screenshot of the info if anyone wants it if I'm not clear enough.

newsgroup @ mmillar . co . uk

delete the spaces to reply!

thanks folks

--
Regards

M Millar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

Try this:

Column A: Name
Column B: Start Time
Column C: End Time
Column D, Row 1 8:00
Column D, Row 2 8:30

Column D, Row 3 =AND(D$1=$B3,D$2<=$C3)

Column D, Row 100: =Countif(D3:D99,"=TRUE")

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

With Start Times in Sheet1 A2:M2, End Times in Sheet1 A3:M3 and with times
in Sheet2 A2:A50 try:

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$M$2<=A2)*(Sheet1!$A$3:$M $3=A2))

But if your wife works in a 24 hour supermarket then you will have trouble
with midnight so I suggest that you enter midnight times as 0:01 and 23:59

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"SantaUK" wrote in message
My wife has asked me to create a sheet that will give her the following
info.

She works in a store with a number of checkouts. The sheet will have all
her staff start times and finish times. This will be inputted every day.
Excel will then create another sheet that will show the time of the day at
30 min intervals how many checkout staff is on at that time. Nothing too
fancy, I have been sitting here for two hours trying to figure this one
out. I have a screenshot of the info if anyone wants it if I'm not clear
enough.

newsgroup @ mmillar . co . uk

delete the spaces to reply!

thanks folks

--
Regards

M Millar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SantaUK

Cheers guys - Specially to the Captain, as I've now got it working. And
thanks for the pointer on the 24 hour - though she has just moved out of one
to a "days only" store!

--
Regards

M Millar