Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reference last entered value in a column

I set up a vehicle gas/maintenance log with columns of DATE, MILEAGE,
GALLONS to graph & calculate gas mileage, however I also track routine
maintenance like oil changes, tire rotations etc.

I need help with figuring out how to compare the last MILEAGE value
entered with the latest oil change mileage which will turn red when a
oil change is coming up.

The column lenght increases each time I get gas so how do I reference
the last entered mileage with the fixed oil change mileage?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This returns the last value in a range B2:B32

=INDEX(B:B,MAX(IF(B2:B32<"",ROW(2:32))))

just lengthen as required.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"nukechemtech" wrote in message

I set up a vehicle gas/maintenance log with columns of DATE, MILEAGE,
GALLONS to graph & calculate gas mileage, however I also track routine
maintenance like oil changes, tire rotations etc.

I need help with figuring out how to compare the last MILEAGE value
entered with the latest oil change mileage which will turn red when a
oil change is coming up.

The column lenght increases each time I get gas so how do I reference
the last entered mileage with the fixed oil change mileage?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That worked great, now I just set conditional formatting to change the
color of my "oil change due" mileage after comparing with the current
mileage.

Thanks alot!