-   -   Reference last entered value in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281942-reference-last-entered-value-column.html)

nukechemtech

Reference last entered value in a column

I set up a vehicle gas/maintenance log with columns of DATE, MILEAGE,
GALLONS to graph & calculate gas mileage, however I also track routine
maintenance like oil changes, tire rotations etc.

I need help with figuring out how to compare the last MILEAGE value
entered with the latest oil change mileage which will turn red when a
oil change is coming up.

The column lenght increases each time I get gas so how do I reference
the last entered mileage with the fixed oil change mileage?

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Reference last entered value in a column

This returns the last value in a range B2:B32

=INDEX(B:B,MAX(IF(B2:B32<"",ROW(2:32))))

just lengthen as required.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"nukechemtech" wrote in message

I set up a vehicle gas/maintenance log with columns of DATE, MILEAGE,
GALLONS to graph & calculate gas mileage, however I also track routine
maintenance like oil changes, tire rotations etc.

I need help with figuring out how to compare the last MILEAGE value
entered with the latest oil change mileage which will turn red when a
oil change is coming up.

The column lenght increases each time I get gas so how do I reference
the last entered mileage with the fixed oil change mileage?

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Reference last entered value in a column

Forgot to mention it is an array formula, so enter with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
This returns the last value in a range B2:B32

=INDEX(B:B,MAX(IF(B2:B32<"",ROW(2:32))))

just lengthen as required.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"nukechemtech" wrote in message

I set up a vehicle gas/maintenance log with columns of DATE, MILEAGE,
GALLONS to graph & calculate gas mileage, however I also track routine
maintenance like oil changes, tire rotations etc.

I need help with figuring out how to compare the last MILEAGE value
entered with the latest oil change mileage which will turn red when a
oil change is coming up.

The column lenght increases each time I get gas so how do I reference
the last entered mileage with the fixed oil change mileage?

nukechemtech[_2_]

Reference last entered value in a column

That worked great, now I just set conditional formatting to change the
color of my "oil change due" mileage after comparing with the current
mileage.

Thanks alot!