Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Why Excel 2002 crashes on simplest Workbook_Open events?

Hi All,

I am experiencing a strange behavior of Excel 2002 - it crashes almost
always whenever I put in a Workbook_Open procedure (no matter what it does -
even simplest things like 2+2). If I remove Workbook_Open, everything works
totally fine. The same code launched after the open event works without any
issues. Put it back - crash after crash! It's incredibly frustrating...
Anybody have insight and experience how to handle this?

My only guess is that something happened to my workbook when I was debugging
user forms. It started crashing after I got several times into a break mode
while running forms. Can Excel debugger corrupt the project somehow? If yes,
what can be done to restore the corrupted workbook?

It looks hopeless... Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Thank -
RADO

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi.

I've had some similar experience some time ago. It appeared a Workbook had
crashed somehow. I was at work with XL97, and XL2000 at home. I don't know
how I thought this could help, but here is what did the trick:
I saved the corrupted file to a floppy. It opened just fine with XL2000
(when it always crashed with XL97) at home. I saved it again but made sure
it was an XL97-compatible file. Believe me or not. I still have this
workbook now no problem.
And of course it was full of VBA code. And I guess the code was responsible
for the crashes. The code didn't change but one space I inserted in a rem
line, just in case :-)

Hope this helps.
Sam