Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trace Precedents

I would like to determine all the cells used by formula in
another cell. For example:

Cell A1 contains the formula =B1+B3/B5

I would like to create a procedure to let me know that B1,
B3, and B5 are used as inputs to cell A1. The idea is
basically the same as Excel's "trace Precedents" feature,
but instead of seeing the arrows, I would like a list of
the cell addresses (note that the addresses may or may
come from different worksheets)...Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated. TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight your (formulized) cells and then hold down the Control Key an
simultaneously press the title key (that is the key to the left of the 1
(one) key
on the top row - It becomes a toggle type thing - pressing again turns off..
HTH

"Hawk" wrote in message
I would like to determine all the cells used by formula in
another cell. For example:

Cell A1 contains the formula =B1+B3/B5

I would like to create a procedure to let me know that B1,
B3, and B5 are used as inputs to cell A1. The idea is
basically the same as Excel's "trace Precedents" feature,
but instead of seeing the arrows, I would like a list of
the cell addresses (note that the addresses may or may
come from different worksheets)...Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I want to do it in a procedure, but thanks for the tip. I
need to do some further processing based on what the input
cells contain...Any other ideas???

.