Paul

Default I want to trace the precedents in a formula when they are on mult.

Multiple spreadsheets in a workbook. When I click on formula only shows
precedent on 1st sheet I want to see on rest of sheets
Gordon

Paul wrote:
Multiple spreadsheets in a workbook. When I click on formula only shows
precedent on 1st sheet I want to see on rest of sheets

Unfortunately it doesn't. That's something I would like to see as well.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
Dave Peterson

Depending on what version of excel (xl2002 in front of me), you can do:

tools|formula auditing|Trace precedents

You'll see arrows pointing to cells in the same worksheet and an arrow pointing
to a little worksheet icon for those off-sheet cells.

If you double click on the arrow line that points to the little worksheet,
you'll see a popup with all those type precedents listed. You can select the
one you want and hit ok.

I'm not sure when this option got added to the menu system, but I think that
xl97 had a toolbar that had icons that did the same thing. (in xl2002, it's
called the "formula auditing" toolbar.)

Paul wrote:

Multiple spreadsheets in a workbook. When I click on formula only shows
precedent on 1st sheet I want to see on rest of sheets

--

Dave Peterson
Gordon

Dave Peterson wrote:

If you double click on the arrow line that points to the little worksheet,
you'll see a popup with all those type precedents listed. You can select the
one you want and hit ok.

Well, you learn something every day! I had no IDEA that was the case!
Thanks very much!