Dave Peterson

Depending on what version of excel (xl2002 in front of me), you can do:

tools|formula auditing|Trace precedents

You'll see arrows pointing to cells in the same worksheet and an arrow pointing
to a little worksheet icon for those off-sheet cells.

If you double click on the arrow line that points to the little worksheet,
you'll see a popup with all those type precedents listed. You can select the
one you want and hit ok.

I'm not sure when this option got added to the menu system, but I think that
xl97 had a toolbar that had icons that did the same thing. (in xl2002, it's
called the "formula auditing" toolbar.)

Paul wrote:

Multiple spreadsheets in a workbook. When I click on formula only shows
precedent on 1st sheet I want to see on rest of sheets

--

Dave Peterson