Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Referencing Procedure in Personal.xls

I use sound files in VBA using a line like:
PlayWav ("C:\Sounds\bounce.way")
which requires access to a function and macro which follow:
Public Declare Function sndPlaySoundA Lib "winmm.dll" _
(ByVal lpszSoundName As String, ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long
Public Sub PlayWav(WavFile As String)
'
sndPlaySoundA WavFile, 1
'
Up to now I have put these in each file using wave files but I
should be able to have the function and macro in Personal.xls but
that isn't working for me because apparently the other workbooks
are not referencing Personal.xls. I thought that if Personal.xls
was open it was accessible to any other open workbook. What gives?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip, thanks for the help. I figured out how to make a reference to my
Personal.xls. In case anyone else is struggling with this, it may be
necessary to change the Project Name of Personal.xls in its
Project Properties from 'VBA Project' to something else (I happen to
have chosen 'MacroBook') because there may be more than one 'VBA
Project'
showing up in the Available References list, possibly including any
open workbooks and Add-ins.
Speaking of Add-ins, I have a couple that load every time Excel
starts up but it takes Excel ages to start because it runs a virus
scan
on these Add-ins every time. I have Security level within Excel set to
low (not recommended, I know) and I have 'Trust all installed add-ins
and templates' checked so I don't see why the virus scan has to run
every time.
Any ideas?