Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Referencing Procedure in Personal.xls

John,

It is not correct that code in personal.xls is automatically available to
all open workbooks. Personal.xls is nothing special, so to call code in it
from another workbook you must reference personal.xls from the second
workbook. As an alternative, you can use Application.Run to execute the
code.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"John Pierce" wrote in message
om...
I use sound files in VBA using a line like:
PlayWav ("C:\Sounds\bounce.way")
which requires access to a function and macro which follow:
Public Declare Function sndPlaySoundA Lib "winmm.dll" _
(ByVal lpszSoundName As String, ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long
Public Sub PlayWav(WavFile As String)
'
sndPlaySoundA WavFile, 1
'
Up to now I have put these in each file using wave files but I
should be able to have the function and macro in Personal.xls but
that isn't working for me because apparently the other workbooks
are not referencing Personal.xls. I thought that if Personal.xls
was open it was accessible to any other open workbook. What gives?