Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Referencing Procedure in Personal.xls

Do you have a third party virus scanner like Norton. I believe that is a
setting of the virus scanning software, not Excel.

Tom Ogilvy

John Pierce wrote in message
om...
Chip, thanks for the help. I figured out how to make a reference to my
Personal.xls. In case anyone else is struggling with this, it may be
necessary to change the Project Name of Personal.xls in its
Project Properties from 'VBA Project' to something else (I happen to
have chosen 'MacroBook') because there may be more than one 'VBA
Project'
showing up in the Available References list, possibly including any
open workbooks and Add-ins.
Speaking of Add-ins, I have a couple that load every time Excel
starts up but it takes Excel ages to start because it runs a virus
scan
on these Add-ins every time. I have Security level within Excel set to
low (not recommended, I know) and I have 'Trust all installed add-ins
and templates' checked so I don't see why the virus scan has to run
every time.
Any ideas?