Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox in a Message box

I am able to create a VB message and text box pop up when
I click on an image in my document. I would like to have
a combobox within that messagebox. Any ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Msgboxes don't support controls

You would need to use a userform:

replace

msgbox "agaksdfj"
with
Userform1.show

Here are some references: (pertinent to xl97 and later)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=168067
XL97: WE1163: "Visual Basic Examples for Controlling UserForms"

Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for Controlling
UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97

This Application Note is an introduction to manipulating UserForms in
Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft Visual Basic for
Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of the capabilities
of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that are available for
UserForms

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

John Walkenbach's site:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/userformtips.htm
Userform Tips

Peter Aiken Articles:

watch word wrap. the URL should all be one line.
Part I
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...uctiontoUserFo
rmsPartI.asp
Part II