Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pop up messages

Dear all,

There is anyway that i can create in the excel workbook to create a message
that will pop up automatically?

For example all the sheets include information of finance.
I want to pop up to a message to the user when there is a specific period of
time. In the cover sheet there is the month. So I want when he put March to
see a message that told him which sheets should be fill in.
There is anyway to do it with the help of comments or I have to use visual
basic?

Thanks in advance
Manos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use a formula in an adjacent cell. You would create a lookup
table that contains the appropriate information to display, then in an
adjacent cell, use vlookup to display the data found in the lookup table.

Tom Ogilvy

Manos wrote in message
Dear all,

There is anyway that i can create in the excel workbook to create a

message
that will pop up automatically?

For example all the sheets include information of finance.
I want to pop up to a message to the user when there is a specific period

of
time. In the cover sheet there is the month. So I want when he put March

see a message that told him which sheets should be fill in.
There is anyway to do it with the help of comments or I have to use visual
basic?

Thanks in advance
Manos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sheet1
assume January is in A1

On sheet2 you have a table like

A B
January sheet3, Sheet5, Sheet11
February Sheet4, Sheet4, Sheet20

in B1 on sheet1

=if(A1="","",Vlookup(A1,Sheet1!A1:B12,2,false)

Tom Ogilvy