Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Empty toolbars

I created a VBA macro that deleted every item in every one of my toolbars.
Obviously, that's not what I wanted it to do and I've reset all he standard
toolbars provided with Excel. However, now when I try to bring up the
'right-click' menu bar; it comes up but there are no commands in it. All I
get is a blank grey box. It's the pop-up menu minus any commands.

I've tried repairing my Office installation, I've uninstalled and
reinstalled with no success at retrieving the pop-ups. I even tried
rebuilding them manually using the Customize option for Excel toolbars but
the pop-ups can't be modified in the same way that all the others are.

Can somebody help me fix my screw up?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jeff,

Try this:

Sub ResetAllCommandbars()
Dim CmdBar As CommandBar
For Each CmdBar In Application.CommandBars
CmdBar.Reset
Next CmdBar
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Jeff Harbin" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you men if you right click on a cell?

Sub resetCellmenu()
With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
.Reset
.Enabled = True
End With
End Sub

Or right click on one of your Toolbars to get a list off all your toolbars

Then use this

Application.CommandBars("toolbar list").Enabled = True

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Jeff Harbin" wrote in message link.net...
I created a VBA macro that deleted every item in every one of my toolbars.
Obviously, that's not what I wanted it to do and I've reset all he standard
toolbars provided with Excel. However, now when I try to bring up the
'right-click' menu bar; it comes up but there are no commands in it. All I
get is a blank grey box. It's the pop-up menu minus any commands.

I've tried repairing my Office installation, I've uninstalled and
reinstalled with no success at retrieving the pop-ups. I even tried
rebuilding them manually using the Customize option for Excel toolbars but
the pop-ups can't be modified in the same way that all the others are.

Can somebody help me fix my screw up?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Menu customizations are stored in your *.xlb file. It usually is named
excel.xlb. I am using xl2000 and it is in C:\Documents and
Settings\ogilvtw\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

If you rename this to something like ExcelOld.Old or move it somewhere else,
you should get the default menus. If you then customize these, a new xlb
file will be created.

In xl97, the file was located in the windows subdirectory. It might be
named UserId.xlb (your userid).

Tom Ogilvy

"Jeff Harbin" wrote in message
link.net...
I created a VBA macro that deleted every item in every one of my toolbars.
Obviously, that's not what I wanted it to do and I've reset all he

standard
toolbars provided with Excel. However, now when I try to bring up the
'right-click' menu bar; it comes up but there are no commands in it. All

get is a blank grey box. It's the pop-up menu minus any commands.

I've tried repairing my Office installation, I've uninstalled and
reinstalled with no success at retrieving the pop-ups. I even tried
rebuilding them manually using the Customize option for Excel toolbars but
the pop-ups can't be modified in the same way that all the others are.

Can somebody help me fix my screw up?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yep. Thanks very much. This is how I corrected the problem.

I actually figured it out myself from Microsoft's website. Yesterday when I
did a search I used "toolbars" and didn't find what I was looking for. This
morning I tried "pop-up menus" and found an article that helped me.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the unnecessary post.