Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Empty toolbars

Menu customizations are stored in your *.xlb file. It usually is named
excel.xlb. I am using xl2000 and it is in C:\Documents and
Settings\ogilvtw\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

If you rename this to something like ExcelOld.Old or move it somewhere else,
you should get the default menus. If you then customize these, a new xlb
file will be created.

In xl97, the file was located in the windows subdirectory. It might be
named UserId.xlb (your userid).

Tom Ogilvy

"Jeff Harbin" wrote in message
link.net...
I created a VBA macro that deleted every item in every one of my toolbars.
Obviously, that's not what I wanted it to do and I've reset all he

standard
toolbars provided with Excel. However, now when I try to bring up the
'right-click' menu bar; it comes up but there are no commands in it. All

get is a blank grey box. It's the pop-up menu minus any commands.

I've tried repairing my Office installation, I've uninstalled and
reinstalled with no success at retrieving the pop-ups. I even tried
rebuilding them manually using the Customize option for Excel toolbars but
the pop-ups can't be modified in the same way that all the others are.

Can somebody help me fix my screw up?

Jeff