Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation

Hello all,

My problem is this ...... I've developed a small app in VB
6.0 that inserts images into an excel 97 worksheet. The
program works great on Windows 98 machines and I have it
working on a Windows 2000 machine using Excel 2000 but
when I run the app on a Windows 2000 machine using excel
97 It doesn't want to create the excel workbooks object.
It says "the add method of the workbooks object failed"

any idea why this happens?????? Please ....

Frank Juszli
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Frank,

Maybe the ref is missing when run Excel 2000 file in Excel
97.

Best Regards

Bill

My problem is this ...... I've developed a small app in

VB
6.0 that inserts images into an excel 97 worksheet. The
program works great on Windows 98 machines and I have it
working on a Windows 2000 machine using Excel 2000 but
when I run the app on a Windows 2000 machine using excel
97 It doesn't want to create the excel workbooks object.
It says "the add method of the workbooks object failed"

any idea why this happens?????? Please ....

Frank Juszli
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bill for the response. I appreciate it.

I know about references and it isn't the reference unless
you know something I don't. With 97 I ref excel 8.0
object library and with 2000 I ref excel 9.0 object
library. The problem seems to be the way the operating
system is acting. Is there any reason why excel 97
wouldn't work on a Windows 2000 machine?

Thanks again Bill,

Frank Juszli

Maybe the ref is missing when run Excel 2000 file in

Excel
97.

Best Regards

Bill

My problem is this ...... I've developed a small app in

VB
6.0 that inserts images into an excel 97 worksheet. The
program works great on Windows 98 machines and I have it
working on a Windows 2000 machine using Excel 2000 but
when I run the app on a Windows 2000 machine using excel
97 It doesn't want to create the excel workbooks object.
It says "the add method of the workbooks object failed"

any idea why this happens?????? Please ....

Frank Juszli
.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you open the file first in xl2000 (then save it) and then try to open
the exact same file in xl97. When opened in xl2000, the reference gets
upgraded to 9.0 and then when you reopen in xl97, it doesn't recognize the
reference would be my guess.

Perhaps that isn't what you did, however.

Tom Ogilvy