Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automation

I have an Excel worksheet with 20+thousand products listed on it. I need a
formula that would search the column labeled Category for a specific word and
copy the row to a separate worksheet without having blank rows. I have about
a dozen categories that I need in separate sheets.
I am not an expert at this yet, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Allenc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

If you're interested in a formulas play
which delivers the required automation ..

Try this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/151988
AutoCopy_Data_To_Resp_Sheet_Non_Array_Approach.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered! Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "Colours" col, which
may contain eg: Red, Yellow, Green, etc. All lines with "Red" in the key col
will be auto-copied to the sheet named: Red, and appear neatly bunched at the
top. Ditto for lines with "Yellow", "Green", etc.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the key col value. Eg we first
formulate one child sheet for "Red", dress it up nicely, then just make
copies of the "Red" sheet, and rename these as: Yellow, Green, etc

In your instance, the key col would be "Category"
--
Max
Singapore