Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Too Basic A Question

I've been a programmer for many years. I can do the
programming if I can figure out how to get at the data.
That's my problem with using VBA with Excel (or Word,
etc.) How do I find out how to access a cell, group of
cells, range, worksheet, etc. using VBA.

For example, I have a worksheet that has rows of data. I
would like to search a column for a particular value and
if it is present, delete the data and row from the
current worksheet and paste it into another sheet. I can
figure out how to search for the data by recording a
macro when I do it manually. But when I then select the
row to so I can do a Ctrl-X to "move" the data, the
recorded macro does a .Select on that specific row. I
need to be able to have the selected row number put into
a variable that I can use to "cut" the data then when I
go to the target sheet I need to have the target row
incremented. Then I want to go back to the source sheet,
delete the row and repeat process until the search is no
longer successful.
How do I do those kind of things? I'm not real familiar
with the data setup that allows me access to the features
I need.

Thanks for any and all help,

dave