Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Automatic Link Message

Hi
Is there a VBA Option to disable the message 'The
Workbook you opened contains automatic Links to another
work book.....' each time an Excel File is opened. We
always say 'No' to that. Since we have about 100 Excel
files, we are trying to disable this feature
Thanks for your help
Kavi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Kavi,

For each file with links to other workbook go to edit|links|startup prompt
and see there the option. (I guess this is made available only in xl 2002).
The next time you open the file it will not show the prompt again.

If your opening file via VBA use this code

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\ Filename.xls", UpdateLink:=False ' Will not
update links

Regards,

Jon-jon

"Kavi" wrote in message
Hi
Is there a VBA Option to disable the message 'The
Workbook you opened contains automatic Links to another
work book.....' each time an Excel File is opened. We
always say 'No' to that. Since we have about 100 Excel
files, we are trying to disable this feature
Thanks for your help
Kavi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jon..
It seems to be working only in Excel 2002 and not with
Excel 2000 (VBA code).

.