Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Total Newbie Needs Help

Having only ever used Excel as a simple spreadsheet I need some help
with a task I have been given in work.

Our business centre has 60 staff spread across 7 teams. Each Team has
a holiday spreadsheet made up of 13 worksheets, one for each month and
an annual total. This has always sufficed but recently their have
been a number of changes to the personnel structure in the office
which has meant people moving from one team to another. As I am sure
you can imagine, the time taken to "transfer" someone from one
spreadsheet to another stacks up!

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction of how to set this
up? I had thought of having all of the staff and all the 12 months on
one worksheet. Each member of staff has a team leader. I hoped then
to put a combo box control on the worksheet which contained the
teamleaders names and when a team leader is selected the worksheet
filters the records to show just their team. That way if anyone moves
it is just a case of amending their team leaders name.

I have got as far as adding the combo box but have no idea how to
populate it with the teamleaders names or how to make the worksheet
filter on the selected name. Help!