Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create Excel sheet in HTML with comments

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
Hi Luke,
one way, there will be no formatting of any kind, and no indication that
a title (comment) is included.

Thanks, but it's not really what I'm looking for. I want the user to see the
comment as a normal Excel comment. In fact, I'd already tried the TITLE
attribute, with no effect.

Any more thoughts? It seems like it should be simple, but the Connectivity
Kit is pretty half-arsed from what I've seen.

I'd use XML, but it looks like the bulk of the client PCs will be running
Office 97. 8^(

Cheers,
Luke

---
HTH,

"Luke Webber" wrote in message

om...
Hi.

I'm using the information in the Web Connectivity Kit to generate
simple HTML via ASP for import by Excel. So far, smooth sailing. But I
just hit my first speed hump.

I want to include a comment field on certain cells of the spreadsheet,
and I can't find any mechanism for doing so. I've tried unravelling
exported HTML straight from Excel, but that stuff is incredibly
complex, so I'm hoping there might be a simpler alternative.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Luke