Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Student Absentee List help please

I have in the first row the school days for this year
In the first column I have all my student names.
I want to enter a 1 if the student is absent that day, and if they
come in or leave early the time, i.e., 8:34.

Our school day runs from 8 till 3, which is 420 minutes. I want a
column that keeps a running total of days and minutes a student is
absent. When I type in 8:34 for instance, I want it to subtract the
number of minutes missed from the total day and write it in the same
cell while also adding to the 'days missed' column the total
day/minutes missed. When a student is tardy or leaves early a total of
420 minutes, the result would change over into another day.
It's late. I'm tired. I've dealt with apathetic, television-bred,
ninento-raised, 9-year olds all day so I hope this makes sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Happy,

Send me your correct email address and I will send you a workbook that
will do what you want.

HTH,
Bernie