Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Distributing Excel Applications

I need to distribute an Excel Application within our company.
Unfortunately, I have run up against the Excel 2002 macro security issue.
How can I create a signed macro using the MS Certificate Server in Windows
2000 that works?

TIA,
Mike Ober.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anything in these to help?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../odc_dsvba.asp
Code Signing Office XP Visual Basic for Applications Macro Projects

XL2002: About Digital Signatures in Excel Workbooks

http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=206637
OFF2000: Overview of Digital Certificates (Q206637)

http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=217221
OFF2000: Using SelfCert to Create a Digital Certificate for VBA Projects
(Q217221)

An Overview:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tml/combat.asp

Another reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...vbaproject.asp

OFFXP: How to Make Sure That Your Office Document Has a Valid Digital
Signature

http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...ustworthy.aspx
How to Tell if Digital Certificate Is Trustworthy in Office XP

Tom Ogilvy

"Michael D. Ober" <obermd-@-alum-mit-edu-nospam wrote in message
I need to distribute an Excel Application within our company.
Unfortunately, I have run up against the Excel 2002 macro security issue.
How can I create a signed macro using the MS Certificate Server in Windows
2000 that works?

TIA,
Mike Ober.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jp jp is offline

http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/xp/two/admc04.htm

The above link appears to explain it but it is beyond me.

Why would you like to sign something that may be a virus carrying item?

Cheers

John
North Yorkshire UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll check this link and the links that Tom Ogilvy posted. As for why I
need to do this - it's an internal corporate application that Excel is the
best tool we have for. However, I need to do some serious preprocessing
(formatting, subtotalling, etc) before the user gets the data. Cross
process marshalling from VB6 is way too slow, so the actual VB code to do
the preprocessing needs to be in an Excel Add-In, which must be signed to
prevent the Excel Macro Security from preventing the application from
running.

Mike.