Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to protect single cell or cells range from being over-written?

Hi,

I have finished a worksheet and pass it to my users, there are some fix
information stored in the some cells, which I don't want user to change,
and other cells are for user key in the data to be calculated...

Kindly pls tell me how to protect single cell or cells range instead of the
whole worksheet from being over-written?

Thanks
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You cannot protect single cells - you can unprotect single
cells thought.

What you do it select the areas where you want to the users
to enter things and then format those cells as not being locked
and then protect your worksheet. The default formatting for the
other cells will mean that the user cannot change them.

To format the cells, select them then, using menus, go to Format --
Cells -- Protection and uncheck "Locked".

To protect the worksheet, using menus, go to Tools -- Protection --
Protect Worksheet.

Chrissy.