Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing to PDF

I have a workbook that I use daily to send pricing to various customers.
The first sheet is the data entry which flows into all following
sheets and combines with existing formulas to create personalized
pricing for each customer. I then turn each worksheet of this workbook
into a PDF document to email to each customer. I am new to the world
of macros and I have surprisingly managed to create a macro that
somewhat automates the creation of the PDF's. My only downfall is that
it "pauses" inbetween each sheet because it needs me to go to the
correct directory, click on the PDF name to create it and click save.
Each day I create the new PDF's over the existing PDF's. Because the
PDF names stay constant from day to day, is there a way I can program
that into the macro(s) so it will do that part for me? I hope I
explained this well enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michelle

You can program to create postscript file by print to file
first, then convert postscript file to PDF file by Acrobat
Distiller.

Best Regards

Bill

wrote:

[...]

~~ View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure I'm putting this in the correct area so
please bear with me.
I am curious about this as well and pretty new to VBA as
well. I do something similar each week with my bowling
league scores. Enter the data on one sheet, copy to a
new sheet, rename the new sheet and then print to PDF. I
want the name of the PDF file to be the name of the new
sheet I created. I get to the same place where it is
asking for a file name. I'm using a program called
pdf995 to create the PDF file for me and the dialog box
is generated by pdf995.
I don't really want to buy more software to do something
that must be fairly simple but my pea brain can't figure
it out!

Thanks,
speedking1621