Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ND ND is offline

Default Can Excel operate as Database?

I have created a form in Excel. I would like to know if
it is possible for the information from the spreadsheet
to be utilized on the form as though this Excel form was
an Access form? In Access, the information I show in
datasheet view is able to be used as a record and can be
accessed on the form.

In my search over the last days, I have found how I can
use the form as an easier way to key information into the
spreadsheet format, however, I cannot figure out how to
take that same spreadsheet information and put it in a
form.

What I need to happen is for project managers to be able
to go in to the form I have created and use the drop down
box to select their projects and the rest of the
information show up as it shows on the spreadsheet.

Is this possible? I am looking at each row in the
spreadsheet being a record (like a datasheet in Access).

Help! I know we should be using Access, but this option
has been shot down. So, if I am not explaining this in a
manner that makes sense and able to generate help, please
let me know and I will take another stab at it.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ND,

Under the Data menu is Form... check this out. It automatically creates a
data input form based on your database.

Go to this site and download the Google xla (it's a great way to find info)
www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

Also check out these sites to create your own user form(s):

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm

Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form

Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q168067

File Title: Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for

Controlling UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97

File Name: WE1163.EXE

File Size: 161742 bytes

File Date: 05/08/97

UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft
Visual

Basic for Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of
the

capabilities of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that
are

available for UserForms

Peter Aiken Articles:

Part I