Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can Excel be designed to operate as a TV remote control ?

Is it possible (easy) to develop macros that operate TV & DVD units remotely.
ie. can I use my PC as an IR remote control via. Excel. If so how or is it
too hard and other software is available .... it is for PDA's. Does PDA
software work on PC's also ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 1-Dec-2007, ?B?SW11c3RiZWRyZWFtaW5n?=
wrote:

Is it possible (easy) to develop macros that operate TV & DVD units
remotely.
ie. can I use my PC as an IR remote control via. Excel.

Possibly difficult via Excel, but I'd think of hooking a LED onto
the serial port. This can be configured fot quite high baud rates.
Put
tv remote baud rate code
into Google, a lot there on RC projects, including PDA's.
I mentioned the serial port because within reason the seral port
can drive LED's, and there are LED based serial port data
indicators, plus there are many utilities that can access the
serial port.