Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default checking values in a cel

hi,

I have a problem building up a excel sheet from a list that contains
multiple lines with the same data
I want to put it in 1 sheet and calculate how many rows are present and
put that value in a cell and also delete the other rows so that i get 1
row with the same data.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checking Values In A Cell

Hi there,

I had a similar problem recently and I got around it by
using arrays, but this may no be applicable in your
circumstance.

I need a bit more information to provide you with help on
the best solution, is the information in the rows
basically reoccuring, ie could you make a listing of all
the possible data and put that in an array to take care
of, as this would be programmatically the best way.
Otherwise you will need to do a sort on the information so
that all like data is together, then you will need to do a
series of If and While clauses to consolidate the
information.

Let me know and I will try to help as I have already got
solutions for both of these ways in test spreadsheets.

Yours sincerely,

Brent McIntyre
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hello brent

i have created a simple spreadsheet that maybe clarefies my problem i
hope you can help me.

Thank anyway
Niek.