Johannes B.

Default Checking on two values

To count the numbers of rows that include the number "16" in column "I", I
use the following formula:
ANTALL.HVIS(I:I;"16")
(I think this is called COUNT.IF in english)

I want to count the numbers of rows that include both this and the letter
"A" in column "B". (Meaning not counting rows which just fulfill one of these
requirements.)
How do I write this formula? (Please feel free to write the english formula,
I will find out how to write it in norwegian.)

Regards
Johannes
Harald Staff

Hei Johannes

COUNTIF takes only one criteria. You can do this with
=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B1000="A")*(I1:I1000=16))

på norsk heter den
=SUMMERPRODUKT((B1:B1000="A")*(I1:I1000=16))

There are two things to this though: You need a spesified range of rows,
here 1000 of them. And 16 is a number, "16" is text. SUMIF will include
both, SUMPRODUCT will not.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Johannes B." skrev i melding
To count the numbers of rows that include the number "16" in column "I", I
use the following formula:
ANTALL.HVIS(I:I;"16")
(I think this is called COUNT.IF in english)

I want to count the numbers of rows that include both this and the letter
"A" in column "B". (Meaning not counting rows which just fulfill one of

these
requirements.)
How do I write this formula? (Please feel free to write the english

formula,
I will find out how to write it in norwegian.)

Regards
Johannes

Rowan

One way:

In cell J1 insert the formula =A2&I2 and copy it down to end of data
Then you can use =Countif(J:J,"A16")

Hope this helds
Rowan