Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Checking a column of values against another one

In column A I have about 110 integers in the range 100 to 20,000 (eg 141,
162, 352, etc.)

In column B I have about 600 integers covering the same range.

What I want to do, for every entry column B, is to put an entry in column C
to say whether the value is in column A

eg

A B C

1 7 Y
7 1 Y
9 22 Y
22 4 N

Can SKS help

Tx

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

In C use this formula

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$4,B1)0,"Y","N")

Adjust $A$1:$A$4 to require data range and then copy the formula down

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel