Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Strip time from date time value

Hi,

I've got data that's being read in from a DB in which a timestamp
field returns entries with Date Time value (dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mi:ss).

In my spreadsheet, user enters search date (dd-mmm-yyyy). I need to
obtain a count of the number of entries obtained from the DB that
equal to the date specified by the user, however as theres a time
value in the data that's coming in from the DB, the comparison fails.

How do i strip the time data from the db imported data.

Thanks in advance
Prem
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Prem,

Another alternative is to test between two values e.g.

=IF(AND(A2=DATEVALUE("17-Sep-2003"),A2<DATEVALUE("18-Sep-2003")),"Found","N
ot Found")

Note the first test is = & the second < to ensure it falls within the
period.

regards,

JohnI

om...