Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting text format of time/date into Excel time/date for subtr

Hi,
I need some help on date. I have the date and time in text format.
13/01/2010 10:34 AM
13/01/2010 1:56 PM

I need a formula to convert them to excel date/time format so that I can do
subtraction between these dates.

Thank you very much,
YY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=DATEVALUE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))+TIMEVALUE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,256))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"YY san." wrote:

Hi,
I need some help on date. I have the date and time in text format.
13/01/2010 10:34 AM
13/01/2010 1:56 PM

I need a formula to convert them to excel date/time format so that I can do
subtraction between these dates.

Thank you very much,
YY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

YY,

You could try and just use

=A3-A2

or, to be clearer in your formula,

=VALUE(A3)-VALUE(A2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"YY san." wrote in message
I need some help on date. I have the date and time in text format.
13/01/2010 10:34 AM
13/01/2010 1:56 PM

I need a formula to convert them to excel date/time format so that I can
do
subtraction between these dates.

Thank you very much,
YY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default time to words

Hi!

Please help me with the formula and how to converte numeric time into words.

Example: employee knock in at 9:00 am and arrives at 8:45 am (and the answer is ontime) or if s/he came in 9:23 am ( answer is late)

YY san. wrote:

Converting text format of time/date into Excel time/date for subtr
02-Feb-10

Hi,
I need some help on date. I have the date and time in text format.
13/01/2010 10:34 AM
13/01/2010 1:56 PM

I need a formula to convert them to excel date/time format so that I can do
subtraction between these dates.

Thank you very much,
YY

Command Prompt Here with VS.NET Environment
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...here-with.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Anathi,

Somethng like

=IF(B2A2,"Late","On Time")

Where B2 has the actual arrival time, and A2 has the scheduled arrival time.
This will work if you enter times as AM and PM only, without dates.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

YY san. wrote:

Converting text format of time/date into Excel time/date for subtr
02-Feb-10

Hi,
I need some help on date. I have the date and time in text format.
13/01/2010 10:34 AM
13/01/2010 1:56 PM

I need a formula to convert them to excel date/time format so that I can
do
subtraction between these dates.

Thank you very much,
YY

Command Prompt Here with VS.NET Environment
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...here-with.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Thank you

Hi! Bernie

Im so pleased with help, I also tried to some other tricks
=IF(B3=E3,"ontime", IF(B3<=E3,"late"))

although if E3 is 0:00 and B3 is 0:00 instead of showing 0:00 it says ontime.

Regards
Anathi

Bernie Deitrick wrote:

Anathi,Somethng like=IF(B2A2,"Late","On Time")Where B2 has the actual arrival
04-Feb-10

Anathi,

Somethng like

=IF(B2A2,"Late","On Time")

Where B2 has the actual arrival time, and A2 has the scheduled arrival time.
This will work if you enter times as AM and PM only, without dates.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

<Anathi Sonqishe wrote in message

On Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:49 AM
YY san. wrote:

Converting text format of time/date into Excel time/date for subtr
Hi,
I need some help on date. I have the date and time in text format.
13/01/2010 10:34 AM
13/01/2010 1:56 PM

I need a formula to convert them to excel date/time format so that I can do
subtraction between these dates.

Thank you very much,
YY

On Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:09 AM
Gary''s Student wrote:

=DATEVALUE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))+TIMEVALUE(MID(A1,FIND("
=DATEVALUE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))+TIMEVALUE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,256))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"YY san." wrote:

On Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:08 AM
Bernie Deitrick wrote:

YY,You could try and just use=A3-A2or, to be clearer in your
YY,

You could try and just use

=A3-A2

or, to be clearer in your formula,

=VALUE(A3)-VALUE(A2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

On Thursday, February 04, 2010 2:11 AM
Anathi Sonqishe wrote:

time to words
Hi!

Please help me with the formula and how to converte numeric time into words.

Example: employee knock in at 9:00 am and arrives at 8:45 am (and the answer is ontime) or if s/he came in 9:23 am ( answer is late)

On Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:21 AM
Bernie Deitrick wrote:

Anathi,Somethng like=IF(B2A2,"Late","On Time")Where B2 has the actual arrival
Anathi,

Somethng like

=IF(B2A2,"Late","On Time")

Where B2 has the actual arrival time, and A2 has the scheduled arrival time.
This will work if you enter times as AM and PM only, without dates.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

EggHeadCafe Chat Chaos in Silverlight Released Today
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-chaos-in.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, that's what you've asked it to do, so naturally it will return
"ontime" in that situation. If you want it to return 0:00 in that
situation, you need to put that in the formula.
=IF(AND(B3=0,E3=0),0,IF(B3=E3,"ontime","late")) and format as time to suit.
Note that if you've done a test for B3=E3 it is pointless to do another
test for B3<=E3, because you wouldn't have got there unless that test was
true.
--
David Biddulph