-   -   Strip time from date time value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/277248-strip-time-date-time-value.html)

Prem Chandiramani

Strip time from date time value

Hi,

I've got data that's being read in from a DB in which a timestamp
field returns entries with Date Time value (dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mi:ss).

In my spreadsheet, user enters search date (dd-mmm-yyyy). I need to
obtain a count of the number of entries obtained from the DB that
equal to the date specified by the user, however as theres a time
value in the data that's coming in from the DB, the comparison fails.

How do i strip the time data from the db imported data.

Thanks in advance
Prem

JohnI in Brisbane

Strip time from date time value

Prem,

Another alternative is to test between two values e.g.

=IF(AND(A2=DATEVALUE("17-Sep-2003"),A2<DATEVALUE("18-Sep-2003")),"Found","N
ot Found")

Note the first test is = & the second < to ensure it falls within the
period.

regards,

JohnI

om...