Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DisplayFormulaBar = True

I put a command in the Workbook_Open event to make
DisplayFormulaBar = false, no problems.
But, in the Workbook_BeforeClose event, DisplayFormulaBar
= True, does not work. I have no errors, but the
DisplayFormulaBar continue False.
Why does not work ?

Regargs,
GL...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel needs to be sure what you mean to apply it to; this property applies
to the Application object, so this code works:

Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True
End Sub

When you remove the object qualifier, it doesn't work.
--
HTH -

-Frank
Microsoft Excel MVP
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

"Silverio" wrote in message
I put a command in the Workbook_Open event to make
DisplayFormulaBar = false, no problems.
But, in the Workbook_BeforeClose event, DisplayFormulaBar
= True, does not work. I have no errors, but the
DisplayFormulaBar continue False.
Why does not work ?

Regargs,
GL...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What version of Excel? I tried it in XL97 and XL XP and it worked fine.

Also, where did you put the code? It has to be in the ThisWorkBook object;
it's not sufficient to just name a sub Workbook_BeforeClose.
--
HTH -

-Frank
Microsoft Excel MVP
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

"SiIverio" wrote in message
Yes, the code is correct, but it is not working.
After Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True, it continue
False.

.