Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro to respond to clipboard prompt?

Does anyone have a snipit of code that will respond to the
clipboard prompt...
"There is a large amount of information on the clipboard.
Do you want to ..."
Thanks, Regards,
Gary
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"gary" wrote in message
Does anyone have a snipit of code that will respond to the
clipboard prompt...
"There is a large amount of information on the clipboard.
Do you want to ..."

Hi Gary,

Application.CutCopyMode = False

will prevent this message from being displayed. Just make sure you're done
with whatever is on the clipboard before you use it, because it will clear
the clipboard.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob,
Thanks. I should have explained more throroughly. I do
want to keep the info in the clipboard. I am
consolidating information from a number of workbooks into
a single workbook. I do not want the user to have to
respond "yes" to every prompt. Based on your suggestion,
I tried Application.CutCopyMode = xlCopy but the macro
failed on the paste... any suggestion?
Thanks, regards,
Gary
Does anyone have a snipit of code that will respond to

the
clipboard prompt...
"There is a large amount of information on the

clipboard.
Do you want to ..."

Hi Gary,

Application.CutCopyMode = False

will prevent this message from being displayed. Just make

sure you're done
with whatever is on the clipboard before you use it,

because it will clear
the clipboard.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals
http://www.appspro.com/

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary, you could try
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'Your Code that is making the prompt come up
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"gary" wrote in message
Does anyone have a snipit of code that will respond to the
clipboard prompt...
"There is a large amount of information on the clipboard.
Do you want to ..."
Thanks, Regards,
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gary,

If you want to keep the clipboard but disable the message, then Paul's
suggestion on DisplayAlerts is the way to go. Just be sure that
DisplayAlerts is set to True before your program finishes. This is a
persistent setting that will suppress all Excel warnings even after your
code has ended.