Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Strange problem with reference

In tools=Options, Edit tab, is "edit directly in cell" unchecked? If so,
check it. That should change this behavior.

Tom Ogilvy

Todd Huttenstine wrote in message
I have multiple cells on sheet1 in workbook A referencing
cells in sheet 1 of workbook B. I also have sheet1 in
workbook A protected. When I double click any cell on
sheet1 in workbook A, I get the expected message saying
the workbook is protected, however after I click OK, it
trys to bring up Workbook B. See workbook B has macros so
the dialog asking to enable or disable macros pops up. If
I click Enable Macros Workbook B opens. If I click X
workbook B does not load. I dont want Workbook B loading
period. Why is it doing this and how do I prevent
workbook B from being opened?

Thanx in advance

Todd Huttenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, I can reproduce that.

for the worksheet, change the EnableSelection Property to either
xlUnlockedcells or xlNoSelection

then you will get the message on a double click, but it shouldn't try to
open the linked workbook.

Note that this property must be set each time the workbook is opened - so
you would need to do it in the workbook_open event or other appropriate
event. (of course if macros are disabled - no go).