Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default strange problem

Suddenly, a sheet I've been working on will select two cells, the one I
select and the one to the right of it, whenever I click on it. This problem
had popped up once before, and I just closed and reopened the sheet. Now,
I've gone so far as to restart the computer, and it won't clear. It only
happens on the one particular workbook, all others are fine.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a solution. I'm on a Sony Vaio,
running Vista Home and Office 2007 Standard Excel.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've not seen that before, but it is easily duplicated with an event macro;
for example...

Target.Resize(1, 2).Select
End Sub

Did you check the code window in the VBA editor for the worksheet affect by
this (perhaps someone is playing a practical joke on you)?

Rick

"-Bryan" wrote in message
Suddenly, a sheet I've been working on will select two cells, the one I
select and the one to the right of it, whenever I click on it. This
problem
had popped up once before, and I just closed and reopened the sheet. Now,
I've gone so far as to restart the computer, and it won't clear. It only
happens on the one particular workbook, all others are fine.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a solution. I'm on a Sony
Vaio,
running Vista Home and Office 2007 Standard Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have that same problem! Sometimes it will select 4 or 5 cells below the
one I select. After awhile it goes away by itself. I'm wondering if editing
files made in past versions of excel has anything to do with it?

"-Bryan" wrote:

Suddenly, a sheet I've been working on will select two cells, the one I
select and the one to the right of it, whenever I click on it. This problem
had popped up once before, and I just closed and reopened the sheet. Now,
I've gone so far as to restart the computer, and it won't clear. It only
happens on the one particular workbook, all others are fine.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a solution. I'm on a Sony Vaio,
running Vista Home and Office 2007 Standard Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It must have been a glitch in the system, no one else has access to my
computer, and I created the worksheet from scratch. What I did was go to
view, workbook views, and select page layout. I then clicked on one of the
empty sheets that is greyed out and says click to add data. It selected one
cell, and when I clicked back to the active page, the problem was gone. Don't
know how or why, but at least it is gone!

Thanks for the responses, Rick and Ashley!