Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA forms

I am using office XP. I work on database, but have
reasonable good skills on VBA.

want to accomplish the following task, When I open the
Excel Spreadsheet, I want a form to appear on the screen.
This form will have a connection, built in to a SQL servre
or a MS access database.

How do I program in VBA.

Any help, please respond.

George V

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As a sort of blueprint, you'd probably want to create a UserForm and have it
open automagically when the spreadsheet opens. Since you're already
reasonably skilled with VBA, a good way to improve those skills is to record
actions you want to code, then look at the code Excel generates. That will
point you at the documentation you should be looking at for more info and
ideas of where to go (the code itself is actually pretty bad because it is
quite literally recording EVERYTHING you do).

A search at www.amazon.com using the two keywords "vba" and "excel" yields a
result set with 32 hits. The three most popular, listed first, are written
by two MVPs who frequent this very newsgroup - John Walkenbach and Rob
Bovey. John Green and Stephen Bullen have also authored or contributed to
books which should be helpful.

--
HTH -

-Frank