Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Forms

Good morning! I've been asked to create a service quote form that will enter
equipment and prices automatically from another worksheet. I am a very basic
user of Excel, can add, subtract, etc. and that's about it. How can I do
this? Thanks!
--
M. Adams
CNIB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to determine exactly what is required and how it is
supposed to look and function.
Get the user to draw, design or show what they want.
If they can't tell you then how do you create it?
**Ask lots of questions.**
Believe me, when you get done chances are they will tell
you that isn't what they wanted. <g

Where is the data and how is it listed?
What type and qty of services are there?
Are there sub categories of services...
Cane Category with Cane color, Cane length, Cane grip
Same with the equipment and pricing. Discounts? Volume incentives?

Who is going to be using the worksheet form?
Will multiple copies be issued. If so how will all of the copies
be updated and kept current.

Are all of the Excel versions the same? Trying to mix xl2007
users with users of older versions might take extra work.

Don't assume - **ask questions**

For starters you should read the Excel help file on VLookUp
and Data Validation. Then take a look at the Debra Dalgleish
web site for the discourse on dependent (linked) dropdown boxes...

Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
("Determine Colors" - free XL add-in - may of help to the color blind.)
Download from: http://excelusergroup.org/media/

Forms ginger New Users to Excel 0 May 27th 08 01:26 AM
DA Forms Ellobo55 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 10th 08 11:33 PM
Forms Legallisa New Users to Excel 6 September 20th 07 11:28 PM
forms Monty Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 17th 05 01:54 PM
Pop Up Forms TBD Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 January 27th 05 04:27 PM