Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2000 and SaveAs

I have an application with 2 open workbooks in Excel 2000.
Using VBA, I can create a third workbook and copy sheets
from the 2nd workbook to the 3rd. However, when I go to
do a SaveAs of the third workbook, Excel closes the 3rd
without saving it and renames and saves the book that was
opened 2nd with the new name. I have made sure the 3rd
was activated and I have tried all combinations of
Activeworkbook.SaveAs, Workbook.SaveAs and With workbook.
When I run this in Excel 97, it works.

Does anyone have any idea why this wouldn't work in 2000?
Thanks for any help.

Jeanne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't heard of a problem like this so I don't think it's a general
issue. I guess you're going to have to post your code, hopefully paring it
down to the essentials that reproduce the problem.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP