Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeanne[_2_] Jeanne[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2000 and SaveAs

I have an application with 2 open workbooks in Excel 2000.
Using VBA, I can create a third workbook and copy sheets
from the 2nd workbook to the 3rd. However, when I go to
do a SaveAs of the third workbook, Excel closes the 3rd
without saving it and renames and saves the book that was
opened 2nd with the new name. I have made sure the 3rd
was activated and I have tried all combinations of
Activeworkbook.SaveAs, Workbook.SaveAs and With workbook.
When I run this in Excel 97, it works.

Does anyone have any idea why this wouldn't work in 2000?
Thanks for any help.

Jeanne