Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert True/False to checkboxes

Can I convert True/False text to checkboxes within Excel
using VBA?

If so, how? I tried using the help feature and nothing
comes up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Eric:

You can't *convert* text to checkboxes. You can place checkboxes (from the
Forms Toolbar or the Control Toolbox) on your worksheet and link them to the
cells containing the TRUE/FALSE (Boolean, not text) values.

Regards,

Vasant.

"Eric" wrote in message
Can I convert True/False text to checkboxes within Excel
using VBA?

If so, how? I tried using the help feature and nothing
comes up.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

It may not be what you want, but you could try this:

Put this code in the module of the sheet that will have the check and in
this example, if you double-click in a cell in the "D" column , you will see
appear or disappear a check mark.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)

If Target.Value = Chr(252) Then

Target.Value = ""

Exit Sub

End If

If Target.Column = 4 And Target.Value = "" Then

Target.Font.Name = "Wingdings"

Target.Value = Chr(252)

JP

http://www.solutionsvba.com