Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert Boolean true-false to zero's and ones

Im importing binary data into excel from matlab. But my zero's an one's are
automatically converted to true and false...
I know that true=1 and false = 0; but i want to use this zero's and one's
matrix further, but not in excel.

..I am trying to make them binary
numbers again....any suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try using EditReplace

Select the cells in question
Goto the menu EditReplace
Find what: true
Replace with: 1
Replace All

Repeat for false
Replace with: 0

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Vivek" wrote in message
Im importing binary data into excel from matlab. But my zero's an one's
are
automatically converted to true and false...
I know that true=1 and false = 0; but i want to use this zero's and one's
matrix further, but not in excel.

.I am trying to make them binary
numbers again....any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks! I am happy to see my data back....
Though, ive to manually do it, is there any condition i can set up for
automatic conversion?

"Vivek" wrote in message
Im importing binary data into excel from matlab. But my zero's an one's
are
automatically converted to true and false...
I know that true=1 and false = 0; but i want to use this zero's and one's
matrix further, but not in excel.

.I am trying to make them binary
numbers again....any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As a matter of interest, what process did you use for your import? If one
uses Excel to open a text file, it doesn't convert from 1/0 to TRUE/FALSE,
so I wonder what you did that gave those symptoms?
--
David Biddulph

"Vivek" wrote in message
Im importing binary data into excel from matlab. But my zero's an one's
are
automatically converted to true and false...
I know that true=1 and false = 0; but i want to use this zero's and one's
matrix further, but not in excel.

.I am trying to make them binary
numbers again....any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello

If you multiply the TRUE's and the FALSE's by 1, then you get the 1's and
the 0's back.

Greetings!

"Vivek" schreef in bericht
Im importing binary data into excel from matlab. But my zero's an one's
are
automatically converted to true and false...
I know that true=1 and false = 0; but i want to use this zero's and one's
matrix further, but not in excel.

.I am trying to make them binary
numbers again....any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you see 1 or 0 in the cell, but true/false in the formula bar, this may work:

Tools|Options|Transition tab (xl2003 menu system)
Uncheck "transition formula evaluation"

In fact, I'd uncheck all those lotus 123 transition settings.

Vivek wrote:

Im importing binary data into excel from matlab. But my zero's an one's are
automatically converted to true and false...
I know that true=1 and false = 0; but i want to use this zero's and one's
matrix further, but not in excel.

.I am trying to make them binary
numbers again....any suggestions?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi David,

I didnt import data into Excel. I am actually working in Matlab software and
exporting data from Matlab to MS Excel.

Thanks for responding..
Regards