Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel hyperlink problems

Hi Peter,
What are you hyperlinking to ?
- cell in another worksheet
- cell in another workbook worksheet
- web page

What do you mean by don't take up the desired value ?
Do you mean they are not displaying the value of
they hyperlinked to cell ?

What do you mean by the old ones ? Different version of Excel ?
Not created by your program code ?

I have some programmed hyperlink examples in

The following converts a range of cells with sheetnames
to hyperlinks.

Sub trevor001()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cells(Cell.Row, Cell.Column), _
Address:="", SubAddress:="'" & Sheets(Cell.Value).Name & "'!A1"
Next Cell
End Sub

Without a snippet of code it's hard to tell what you have in
code, along with what you get and what you want.

If I create a hyperlink with Right-Click, the hyperlink will point to the
wrong place after inserting or deleting rows. The example of
using Hyperlink Worksheet Function gets around that problem
and gets around having to code the pathname in Excel 97
and 2000 even when on the same workbook and same worksheet.

Some examples of the HYPERLINK Worksheet Function
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#hyperlink

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

Perfectly transparent to insertion/deletion of rows/columns
will still point to the correct place (unless you delete the target).
---
HTH,

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Hi

I have two problems with Excel. 1 I can't seem to create
any new hyperlinks (I don't know if this is how you call
it in English, I have a hungarian version). The
hyperlinks I try to create point to the right place but
don't take up the desired value. The old ones work fine
though. 2 How can I create a hyperlink to another excel
workbook's specified cell?

Thanks very much in advance,
Peter Baranya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A hyperlink is for jumping to another location - it doesn't retrieve the
value at that location and display it. It sounds like you want just a
simple linking formula

Assume I want to see the value in Book5.xls in Sheet1 at cell A6

=[Book5.xls]Sheet1!A6

in a cell in this workbook/worksheet will do that (if Book5 is open or Excel
can identify it because it is in the default folder).

You can then select this cell and drag fill right and down to get cells
adjacent to A6 - since A6 is a relative address, it will be adjusted just
like any other formula.

an easy way to set up the formula is to open the source workbook, then go
to the place where you want the information, go to the formula bar and enter
an Equal sign, then nagivate to the source workbook, source worksheet and
cell, click in that cell and hit enter.

This will put the proper formula in your original cell.

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Baranya" wrote in message
Hi

I'm trying to link at first cells to cells on a different
sheet. What the hyperlink does (right click, then select
from the menu) is that when I click on it, it jumps to the
specified cell, however it doesn't display the value of
the cell. What's the problem, the hyperlinks already in
the sheet work just fine (I've tried copying then
modifying them but no sucess), but any new one I try fails
to do the above mentioned. What I'd also like to do is to
create a hyperlink to another workbooks specified cells (I
want the value of that cell to appear in my workbook), is
there any way I can do that? Also can I hyperlink a range
to a similar sized ranged (have it display the
coresponding values across the range, instead of having to
do it all manualy in every cell)? Thanks very much

Peter Baranya