Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hyperlink problems with multiple sheet spreadsheet on Intranet

Hi,

I have an Excel 2003 file.

It has a "menu" sheet which contains hyperlinks to other sheets. The
hyperlink is the "place in this document" kind - a hyperlink to a
different sheet in the same workbook.

Locally everything works fine.

I am serving the file on an Intranet (IIS 5.0). When the user calls up
the spreadsheet (either served via http:// or file://), when they click
on a hyperlink in the menu page, Excel (or IE) tries to reload the
whole document, instead of simply jumping to the relevant sheet.

I have tried setting a Base Hyperlink, but same behaviour.

The message in the browser, when they click on a hyperlink, is "This
document has been modified. Do you want to save changes?"

How to I get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't use IIS, but you may want to try replacing the insert|hyperlink style of
hyperlinks with the worksheet function: =hyperlink().

I've never seen them fail--but you'll want to test it before you do them all.

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for that, I'll try and reply back with the results

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for that, I'll try and reply back with the results