Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Macmo

Default Mutilpe sheet , multiple formula help please.

I have 1 of 3 worksheets that I would like to have the cells transfer to
specific cells in the other 2 worksheets in very different manners. The
worksheets are much larger then these, but this is the general idea. Each
worksheet has multiple named sections. Which cells that have information and
which will be blank will change every week in worksheet 1.

Worksheet 1

AB 1 2 3 4
a xyz
b rst
AC 1 2 3 4
h rst
i xyz

Worksheet 2

AD 1 2 3 4
a AB
d AC
AE 1 2 3 4
g AB
h AC

Worksheet 3

AF 1 2 3 4
a xyz
b rst
AG 1 2 3 4
f rst
g xyz

Part 1:
I only enter information in Sheet 1. I would like Sheet 2 to scan Sheet 1
and whenever a cell has it a certain word "xyz I need it to transfer the
section name to the relative position Sheet 2 , Section AD. If it should have
a different word "rst" it would transfer the section name to Sheet 2, Section
AE. An error message if that cell already has information in it would be a
nice bonus.

Part 2:
Worksheet 3 is just a list of all filled cells in each section of worksheet
1 with no relation to the grid. This is an "exact word" transfer between
sections. Section AB to Section AF and Section AC to Section AG, but just in
a list form top to bottom, right to left.