Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving an Excel Spreadsheet with a particular name - Beginners

Hi David, try something like this...

Sub TryIt()
NameToday = "C:\ Purchase Order " & _
Application.Text(Now(), _
"dd.mm.yy - ") & _
Range("c17").Value & ".xls"

MsgBox NameToday

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
NameToday, _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Rocky McKinley

"David Chances" wrote in message
om...
Cant seem to get this Save Function to work:

At the moment I have:

NameToday = "C:\ Purchase Order - " & Application.Text(Now(),
"dd.mm.yy - ") & Range("c17").Value

I want to change the order of what is saved, at the moment this
creates a file called:

Purchase Order - 01.09.03 Microsoft.xls [on the c drive]

I want to call it:

Microsoft - Purchase Order - 01.09.03.xls

I cant seem to get that to work by re-arranging the formula

Can anyone help.
Many thanks.