Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste special problem

Perhaps the destination is locked? (Highlight a destination cell and
menu format/cells/protection to check)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:31:18 -0400, "Neal" wrote:

I am having a problem with a macro using Paste Special. I am copying part of a
column from one worksheet to another worksheet in the same workbook. After the
range is selected and the destination cell is selected in the receiving
worksheet the macro refuses to work if there is any data already in the
destination range. It works fine if the range is empty. There is no error
message. It just does not copy when there are entries in the destination range.
The actual Special paste operation uses:

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Is there anything I can add to this to make it write over any entries already in
the destination range?

Thanks
Neal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I already checked that and it is not locked. I experimented with it some more
and found that if I clear the first cell in the destination range or change it
to another value , the macro works fine. I can't figure out why this is
happening. If I do the copy and paste by hand, it works everytime.

Neal