Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Picture with Macrto Assigned causes problem

No Picture with Macro Assigned - No Problem

Micros**t

am copying sheets in a macro...
Copy a sheet, rename the copy, copy the sheet again, and
rename the copy again...

Usually on the third copy, I get the following error
message:

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

If I then try to do a manual copy, Excel crashes and sends
a Dump to Microsoft. (Which I don't believe they do
anything with...)

If I start again from scratch and do the copies manually,
then on the
third time, Excel crashes and sends a Dump to Microsoft.

I was thinking I was running out of resources, so I
deleted a large number of sheets and reduced the size of
the workbook by 60%, but the problem still occurs every
time.

Any ideas gratefully received.

..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

Don't know if this applies to your situation, but

The first time you copy Sheet1, when you go to the VB Editor and check the
Project winddow you will find a Sheet11. Copy Sheet11 and you get Sheet111.
And so on. When this string gets too long Excel balks and may crash.

See if this happening to you.

steve

"Don" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I remove the Macro assoxciation from the picture
object, everything then works fine...

Don't know if this applies to your situation, but

The first time you copy Sheet1, when you go to the VB

Editor and check the
Project winddow you will find a Sheet11.

Sheet6 on my machine

Copy Sheet11 and you get Sheet111.

Sheet7 on my machine.

And so on. When this string gets too long Excel balks

and may crash.

See if this happening to you.

No, it's not happening to me, but thank you for playing.

Don

steve